You are currently browsing the monthly archive for February 2009.
I want to re-post what was posted on the official TF2 blog. It seems that there were a few people to decided to exploit the system to get their achievements. If you didn’t know about it read on and see what their official stance on it is.
“It saddens me that despite my best efforts to instruct and better you, some of you insist on finding new ways to fail.
We have sounded the alert and released a quick fix for an exploit that some unscrupulous players were using to wield items on invalid classes. I have considered an appropriate punishment for the good-for-nothings responsible for this horrendous breach of conduct. Death, of course – but death is too good for disappointments such as these. Instead, their unlockable items have been removed for a month.
To the majority of you who did not see fit to cheat, you have my congratulations: I await the countless other ways you will inevitably disappoint me in the future.
-Posted Feb 18, 2009 by TF Announcer
Here was the follow up response to this message. He says in the above post that it will be a month while this post states it will only be a week. Time will only tell for those who chose to cheat.
Please, do take a cursory glance at the missive directly below this one. Take care to notice its author, and the dismally recent date of its posting.
Now imagine how profound my disappointment, to be called back again so soon to administer justice to the melon-headed few of you who persist in fraudulence. I’d just sat down with the two things I enjoy most in life — the most recent issue of Punishment Monthly and a carton of cigarettes — when the alarm sounded. I feel like a dog owner who’s rubbed her pet’s nose in a mess on the carpet, only to turn around and discover it setting fire to the drapes.
This time it seems a number of you used an external application to unlock all of your achievements in order to get items unfairly. Coming as a surprise to no one with the ability to retain memories of the recent past, I have taken these items from the perpetrators for one week.
Can I trust that this episode has finally taught you a lesson? I should live so long. Having watched how the sorry lot of you comport yourselves on the battlefield and in the forums, I would consider it a small miracle to trust one of you enough to lick stamps without asphyxiating.
My magazine awaits.
You may be asking yourself why I would take the time to re-post these two blogs. The answer is simple you don’t have to cheat to get your weapons. If you’re looking to get your achievements it’s quite simple. Go to Scout Achievements: Weapon Unlock Guide and we’ll walk you through step by step.
We’ve received a great response to this guide and are considering going back to other classes to do a quick guide for them as well. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. If you’d like to see achievement guides for other classes then leave us a comment telling us. Thanks again for your support!
We have a special guest-blogger post with us today on the new Scout update for TF2. We know that just like us, a lot of you have been playing it since release and there are a lot of mixed emotions about this update. Coming in from Nick “GetThere1Time” Sharko, here’s one point of view on the Scout update and new unlockables:
My Verdict on the TF2 Scout Update
–Nick “GetThere1Time” Sharko
I give it a resounding “MEH.” It does a tad less damage than the scattergun from close range. From medium to long range the difference in damage seems notable though I’ll have to test it a little more. What obviously makes it inferior to the scatter is the reload time and knockback. I may have said this in a previous post but I don’t want knockback as a scout. If I’m running up to someone to fight them point blank, I want them to stay point blank. This also means if you want to use the gun effectively, you have to fire both shots immediately or else your target is going to be too far away to take any decent damage on the second shot. Even if you get both shots on a moving target, you’re still probably going to have to pistol him/her down to get the kill.
The reload time is brutal. I’d often times find myself in a position where I’m reloading and I needed to be shooting. The pistol just doesn’t do it sometimes. If I stun someone with the Sandman, I need to run up to them before I shoot them to get the kill. If I were to have the scattergun out in the same situation, that kill would come much faster because I can start shooting immediately and not have to worry about wasting my shots. I also can’t kill Sandman stunned heavies with the Force-A-Nature. However, I will say it’s really hilarious to stun a fatty and then launch them with the FAN.
I feel like this gun can really be useful if applied in the right situations. It’s great in tight tunnels where you can duck back and forth and hide when you reload. It’s great in any kind of a spam war since FAN makes it hard for the enemy to advance. It’s still really lacking in the damage potential department but it may just take a ton of practice to get both of those shots dead on. Regardless, unless I’m just dicking around, I’ll be sticking with the scattergun; more shots, less vulnerable, and better synergy with the Sandman.
Bonk Energy Drink:
It’s fun but it sucks. Bullets don’t hit you but you get knocked back from them still. You can’t shoot. You can’t capture. You’re slow as hell when it wears off. It’s useful for booking ass in a bad situation, but, hey, you’re a scout. You’re already faster than the other classes and if you’re fighting other scouts I don’t think they’re going to let you chug a tasty beverage. You’re probably better off just shooting and maybe dying than drinking this thing anyway. Yes, you can get by sentries but I don’t see how that’s very useful since you’re really just going to run into a bunch of dudes once you run past the gun anyway.
You might be useful as a decoy when your team is destroying a sentry. I haven’t really tested it on CTF maps either, but with limited application and the FAN and Sandman begging you to keep your pistol, any scout worth his mettle is going to toss this thing.
This thing is ridiculous. If you stun anyone accessible by you or your team, they’ll be dead. It stuns people who are ubered. It has infinite ammo, albeit a slow recharge, and you can pick up a ball to negate the recharge. From medium range, it’s enough time for a scout to get the kill. From long range, the stun lasts a huge amount of time (something like 5-7 seconds?) Yes, you have to give up the double jump to equip it which hurts your mobility, but you’re trading it for what essentially is a guaranteed kill and the ability to stop kritz and ubers in their tracks. The Sandman has a permanent home in my setup.
Now that the scout has been out for a few days let’s take a look at the weapons and how you can benefit from them the most.
The Force-A-Nature (FAN) is a damage machine. With the quick fire and reload it’s very lethal. However, you have to be a lot more accurate then you do with the Scattergun because you’re only getting two shots. Those two shots can basically be fired as one. Simply hold down the button and you’ll fire both shots almost instantly.
Don’t forget that when you’re in the air you get a push back from firing the FAN. This is great if you still have the ability to double jump. In a sense you can have three jumps from using the FAN as a third “push” off. The push back effect is great against pyros as well. Keep their flame back with the push back form this weapon.
Now for The Sandman. This bat and ball combo has to be one of the best additions to the scout. This puppy let’s you play scout on any map (including payloads) and be a lot more useful then you were before. Stop people on the cart, ubered and just in general with the stun from this weapon. Once you get used to it you’ll be able to stun people longer from farther away.
The other great thing about this weapon is that snipers are going to love you. When you stun a target they are sniper bait. This can be very useful to stopping engineers from getting to their guns, heavies from reaching the cart and medics from reaching their healing target.
Also with the ability to stop ubers, nailing a medic with this stun will stop the uber in its tracks. Most people still aren’t used to the stun effect and don’t communicate with the medic well and will run ahead out of the uber.
Lastly we have the BONK! drink. This seems to be the most unpopular of all the unlocks. When you use it you can’t jump or attack. All it’s good for is to get past sentries, heavies, and out of thick combat. Also once you’ve come down from the effects you are slowed to about the speed of a soldier.
While it might not be beneficial to you it will greatly help your team. When you use the drink you can run by sentries that will target you. This allows your team to come up and take out the sentry without the need of an uber. It’s not 100% guaranteed that you will be the sentries primary target, but it will defiantly help get your team forward.
Also take note that the baseball can be deflected by scout bats and pyro air burst. Make sure to get some practice in deflecting these suckers. For the nest few weeks you’re going to have a server full of stunned people. Enjoy!
*Edit: To get a complete guide for all achievements and a full list of the Scout guide check out LiTi-4’s Weapon Unlock Achievement Guide.
Now it could be debated for hours about the best way to get all your unlocks but that’s not what we’re going to cover here. If you want to just play the scout on your regular server and get the achievements that way then great.
If you want to get enough to get the unlocks we’ll cover some ways to do that. If you want all the achievements unlocked and don’t care you do it then this will help get you started.
Here are my thoughts on unlocking achievements. I want to be able to use the weapons that Valve released and I’d like to get all the achievements eventually. I don’t want to do it on my normal server because I can’t stand logging in and there are 32 people all trying to get unlocks.
No one is actually playing to win but simply trying to get their achievements. There are plenty of maps and servers out there simply for getting your unlocks. One map that I highly suggest downloading is achievements_universal. This will pretty much work for all the achievements.
Now here’s the list of which achievements I unlocked to get all the weapons. I will list them and briefly explain how to do it. Keep in mind that this was done with two accounts by myself. You will need a friend or another account to complete this list.
CTF_Turbine -Here’s a list of the achievements to get on this map. You will get 11 achievements here.
Batter Up: Perform 1000 double jumps.
This is something you need to be doing the whole time. However, the easiest way to get this is to go into the vents and tap spacebar. If you track it in your HUD you’ll see you get a+1 very fast.
Belittled Beleaguer: Kill an opposing player that has your intelligence.
Simply have your friend pick up the intel while you’re making your runs.
Closer: Destroy 3 teleporter entrances.
Have your friend go engineer and let you destroy 3 teleporters. They don’t have to be fully built. This will also count towards your If You Build It.
If You Build It: Destroy 3 enemy buildings while they are still under construction.
Do this while the teleporters are being built.
Gun Down: Destroy an active sentry gun using your pistol.
Once your friend has built you 3 teleporters have him build you a sentry gun. While it’s building hit it 2-3 times with your baseball bat and then get out of there before it builds. Stand out of it’s range and fire your pistol until it explodes.
Dodgers 1, Giants 0: Kill an enemy heavy and take his sandvich.
Have your friend go heavy and have him punch you so you take a bit of damage. Then have him pull out his sandvich. Kill him and it will drop on the ground. Now walk over it to heal up and you got it.
Fall Classic: Cause an environmental death or suicide using the Force-A-Nature knockback.
This one is hard but shouldn’t take long. Have your friend go scout or spy. Go to one of the high rises and pistol or bat him down to about 80-90 health. Now shoot him off and he will die from the fall. Adjust your distance to get the best results.
I’m Bat Man: Survive 500 damage in one life.
You can either double jump to get your 1000 jumps and take 500 falling damage or you can have your friend beat you up while you grab health packs. Either way will work just fine.
No-Hitter: Steal and then capture the enemy intelligence without firing a shot.
Since turbine is a CTF map this is perfect. Once you cap your first intel you’ll get this one. You also will do this with Round-Tripper and Triple Steal.
Round-Tripper: Capture the enemy intelligence 25 times.
This one is going to be a pain in the butt because you have to just sit there and run back and forth with the intel 25 times. However, you get 3 achievements from doing this.
Triple Steal: Capture the enemy intelligence 3 times in a single CTF round.
This one will come with Round-Tripper.
CP_Steel – Here you will get some of your control point achievements. You will get 3 achievements here.
Set the Table: Initiate 10 point captures that ultimately succeed.
Two full cycles of steel will give you this achievement. Just make sure to join spectate at the end of your first win so you can have another run at it.
Slide Retired: Capture the last point in a CP map.
You will get this getting Set the Table.
Triple Play: Capture three capture points in a row in one life.
You will get this doing Set the Table.
Achievements_Universal – You will get some more control point achievements here as well as a misc one. The best part about this map is there are 3 you can do in a row without having to move a whole lot and it’s very fast. You will get 4 achievements here.
Block the Plate: Block 50 point captures.
This will be done with 2 other achievements. You will do this with Pop Fly and Caught Napping. You must do this exactly how I describe for it to work properly. Have your friend go spy and start to cap the point. Get on the point to stop it, bat him once get BEHIND him and double jump and shoot him in the back. This will give you credit for all three achievements. Make sure you do NOT have the Sandman equipped or you can’t double jump.
Caught Napping: Kill 50 enemies from behind with the Force-A-Nature.
See above Block the Plate.
Pop Fly: Kill 20 players while double-jumping.
See above Block the Plate.
The Cycle: In a single life, kill an enemy while you are on the ground, in the air and in the water.
After you do the above achievements (don’t die) kill your friend while you’re both on the ground. Then have him jump in the water after he respawns and kill him again.
Strike Zone: Kill 50 enemies while they are stunned.
You should have The Sandman by now. Stand by one of the ammo cabinets and shoot balls at your friend to stun him as he spawns. While stunned kill him with your primary or secondary weapon but he must die while stunned. This is good practice with the baseball.
Pl_Badwater – Here you’ll get your two achievements that will put you over so that you can get your Bonk Drink. You will get 2 achievements here.
Brushback: Stun 50 enemies while they are capturing a point or pushing the cart.
Have your friend start pushing the cart and then you simply stop them by stunning them. Make sure to keep picking up your baseball so you don’t have to wait for it to “reload”. After 50 you’ll be able to get your Bonk juice.
After reviewing the guide and giving myself a bit more time to test some things I have some additional achievements that are not necessary but you c an add them to the above or just do it separate. Here they are and how you do them.
CP_Turbine – There are 3 achievements you can gain here that are optional.
Moon Shot: Stun an enemy for the maximum possible duration by hitting them with a long-range ball.
The best way to do this is to have both of you go scout. This will give you both the chance to get all 3 achievements. Both of you stand on top of the stairs in the middle with your back in the corner. You should both be facing one another and have a direct line of site on each other. One of you launch the ball at the other which will stun them and give you this achievement. Then the other person does the same.
Beanball: Stun a scout with their own ball.
Once you both have stunned one another you’ll have the others ball. Simply fire the ball back at the other scout and you’ll each get this.
Out of the Park: Bat an enemy 25 meters.
Now have one person stand at the stop of the stairs and with The Sandman equipped face the other person. Make sure the person is going to fly off into the middle of the map and not towards the wall. Hit the taunt key (G by default) and you’ll knock a homer!
This is not required to unlock all the weapons, but I did it because Badwater has a good place to get this at. The distance is quite large. I stunned a heavy (not because of the picture) but because they’re the easiest targets. If you know this map you’ll know what I’m talking about if not you’ll have to do your best to figure this out. Make sure you’re red and your partner is blu. Have them stand just outside of the spawn against the back of the rocks in the corner. If you’re red and looking at the spawns it’s the spawn on the farthest left. This is where red snipers love to pick people off at. As the scout you need to stand back where the snipers stand and hit the ball in the air in an arch to reach the heavy all the way at the bottom. This takes practice and may take a few tries. If you don’t get it then just don’t bother with it.
I hope this guide will help you to get your scout weapons and enjoy bonking people. I will discuss later some tips on how to play with these new weapons and what the scout can really do for TF2 teams now. Enjoy!
Finally it’s been released! That’s right ladies and gentleman it’s time to bat some heads in. Tonight is the official release of the scout update that we have been waiting months for. You can find all of the scout weapons on our blog as we have kept you updated to release tonight.
Last nights poll that Valve started gave us all the option of what weapons would be released first. It takes 10 to get the Force-A-Nature (FAN); 16 for The Sandman and 22 for The Bonk Energy Drink. Get in there and get those achievements.
So it seems that I was right on Saturday when I made the post Scout Update: Scattergun. I simply had the O and the A in the middle confused. This gun sounds simply amazing. After reading the content it seems that you’ll be able to Scattergun shot into the air like a soldier with rockets or demo with stickies.
Also, not a surprise, but you reload very slow and only get two shots at a time. I hope that the damage on this sucker can at least do 100-150 damage if fired within 10-15 feet. I guess we’ll see tomorrow how all of it plays out though. Here’s the official text on the Force-A-Nature. Don’t forget to get your awesome t-shirt and to vote for which weapon will be unlockable first!
“KNOCK ‘EM BACK! with the… Force-A-Nature double-barreled shotgun.
IT PACKS A WALLOP!
Any outdoorsman will tell you the most frustrating part of hunting is when a deer simply FALLS DOWN when shot, and doesn’t FLY BACKWARDS into the forest. Those days are over. Anything this baby hits better PACK A LUNCH, ’cause it’s going for a ride!
HOLD ONTO YOUR HAT!
If you happen to be AIRBORNE when firing (for example, leaping from your car after spotting a buck), you’ll be PROPELLED into the sky, where you can hunt birds!
THE HUNTER’S LAMENT!
A common complaint with most shotguns is that they reload TOO FAST and hold TOO MANY shells.
THE FORCE-A-NATURE has solved these problems! This two-shotter loads nice and slow, so you can SAVOR every precious moment.”
The guys over at WoWInsider were leaked information about the upcoming 3.1 patch. Apparently a guy by the name of Mike (probably not his real name) gave them the notes for this patch. I wouldn’t put any stock in these notes but maybe we can get a general idea of what we’re looking at getting.
So without delay here’s what WoWInsider recieved:
3.1 Patch Notes
World of Warcraft PTR Patch 3.1.0
The Mysteries of Ulduar
For many years, the ancient titan city of Ulduar has been a home to the Storm Giants of Northrend, where they have remained hidden from the Lich King and his Scourge Army. Recently, Ulduar has been taken over by the Iron Dwarves, who are being lead by a mysterious entity that is becoming a growing threat to Northrend and the rest of Azeroth.
Brann Bronzebeard and the Explorer’s League have setup a new camp in The Storm Peaks in order to serve as a base of operations for the Ulduar investigations. Chester Copperpot and his goons, longtime enemies of the Explorer’s League, also have a vested interest in Ulduar.
The Ruby Sanctum
For thousands of years, the Chamber of Aspects was used as a secret meeting place for the five great Dragon Aspects. Since the formation of the Wyrmrest Accord and the war on Malygos, the portals leading to the dragonflight sanctuaries remained dormant…until now. Trouble has arisen within the Red Dragonflight’s Ruby Sanctum! Queen Alexstrasza and the Red Dragonflight are seeking able bodied adventurers to find out what lies within.
• Ulduar is now available in both Heroic and Normal Difficulty, players can find this raid dungeon in The Storm Peaks.
• The Ruby Sanctum is now available in both Heroic and Normal Difficulty, players can find this raid dungeon in the Dragonblight, beneath Wyrmrest Temple in the Chamber of Aspects.
• The Nexus War Continues! The Blue Dragonflight is attempting to harness the energy surrounding Crystalsong Forest. The Silver Covenant and The Sunreavers are preparing for a full offensive, but they need your help! Many new daily quests are available at Windrunner’s Overlook (Alliance) and Sunreaver’s Command (Horde).
• Dual Talent Specialization: Players can now visit their class trainers to learn a second Specialization. Specializations may be switched at any time as long as the player is not in combat, this will also change your character’s Glyphs, Action Bars and Talents. Specialization options can be found in the talent menu.
• Potency Rating: Haste Rating, Armor Penetration Rating and Spell Penetration have been merged into a single stat. Each percent of Potency will decrease the enemy’s spell resistances and armor; it will also increase the player’s cast speed and melee attack speed.
• Replenishment: Now grants 0.5% of base mana every second and can effect up to 25 raid members.
• A new bank slot is now available for purchase!
• Removed “Brew of the Year” as criteria for the “Brewmaster” meta achievement.
• The number of cooking recipes needed for the “Chef De Cuisine” achievement has been lowered to 150.
• Several Dungeon & Raid Achievements related to The Ruby Sanctum and Ulduar have been added!
• Several World Event Achievements related to Noble Garden have been added!
o Players may now accumulate up to 100,000 Honor Points and 7500 Arena Points.
o Players can now queue up for Battlegrounds anywhere in the world! New queuing options are available in the PvP menu.
o Players can now queue up for all 5 battlegrounds at once.
o Reputation gains from winning battles in Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin have been significantly increased.
o Alterac Valley Marks of Honor, Warsong Gulch Marks of Honor and Arathi Basin Marks of Honor may now be exchanged for reputation gains with their associated factions.
o Lake Wintergrasp
? The Battle for Lake Wintergrasp will now occur every 2 hours.
? After winning a Wintergrasp Match all players of the opposite faction will be teleported to their respective faction’s camp.
? Many optimizations have been made to the Lake Wintergrasp zone, players should experience significantly less visual latency when fighting in densely populated areas.
o Strand of the Ancients
? Players carrying Seaforium charges cannot exceed 100% run speed.
? Seaforium charges now take more time to disarm.
? Turrets now deal slightly more damage to vehicles.
? The honor gained while fighting in the Strand of the Ancients has been slightly increased.
• Icebound Fortitude now scales much better with defense (50% at 540 defense).
• Shadow of Death: Cooldown reduced to 10 minutes.
• Death Grip: Cooldown reduced by 10 seconds.
• New Spell: Unholy Grip, 20 Runic Power, 3 min cooldown – Harnesses the unholy energy that surrounds and binds all matter, drawling all targets within a 30 yard radius towards the death knight and forcing all enemies to attack the death knight for 6 sec.
• Unholy Command: Reduces the cooldown of your Unholy Grip ability by 15/30 seconds.
• Magic Suppression: Also causes your Anti-Magic Shell to restore runic power equal to 3%/6%/9%/12%/15% of the damage absorbed.
• Obliterate: No longer consumes diseases.
• Merciless Combat: All abilities now deal 10%/20% additional damage to targets below 35% health.
• Annihilation: Increases critical strike chance of all weapons, spells and abilities by 1%/2%/3% and reduces the amount of spell damage taken when in frost presence by an additional 1%/2%/3%.
• Heart Strike: Can now hit up to 4 targets.
• Will of the Necropolis: Now reduces damage that would take you below 35% health by 10%/20%/30%.
• Bloody Vengeance: This effect now stacks up to 5 times.
• Desecration: Damage bonus now applies to other death knights.
• Virulence: Now grants both melee and spell hit.
• Unholy Blight is once again considered a disease.
• Shapeshifting no longer costs mana, but there is now a 3 second cooldown.
• Wild Growth: Cooldown reduced to 5 seconds.
• Entangling Roots: No longer deals damage.
• Swipe: This ability has been reworked; it will now hit all targets within a 5 yard radius of the druid. Damage dealt by Swipe has also been slightly increased.
• Infected Wounds: Swipe can now trigger this ability.
• Berserk: Also reduces the rage cost of all your Bear Form abilities by 50%.
• Master Shapeshifter: Bear Form – Reduces all damage taken by 2%.
• Improved Regrowth: Critical strike chance reduced to 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%.
• Living Spirit: Also reduces the chance that all of your heal over time abilities will be dispelled by 5%/10%/15%.
• Empowered Touch: Healing bonus increased to 25%/50%.
• Gift of the Earthmother: Also reduces the cooldown of your Nature’s Swiftness by 6/12/18/24/30 seconds.
• Improved Faerie Fire: Now grants melee and spell hit.
• Lunar Guidance: Spell power bonus increased to 5%/10%/15%.
• Force of Nature: Treants summoned by this spell are now immune to area of effect spells. They may now also cast Moonfire and Rejuvenation.
• Owlkin Frenzy: Your attacks now have a chance to trigger frenzy.
• Mortal Shots: Critical strike damage bonus increased to 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%.
• Kindred Spirits: Now increases pet’s damage by 4%/8%/12%/16%/20%.
• T.N.T: Stun chance reduced to 3%/6%/9%.
• Arcane Shot: Base damage increased slightly.
• Steady Shot: Base damage increased slightly.
• Ferocious Inspiration: Increases the damage dealt by Arcane shot by 5%/10%/15%.
• Aspect of the Dragonhawk: Dodge chance reduced to 10%, attack power bonus increased to 330.
• Aspect of the Monkey: Dodge chance reduced to 10%
• Beastial Wrath: Duration increased to 20 seconds.
• The Beast Within: Duration increased to 20 seconds.
• Cobra Strikes: Also increases the damage dealt by you and your pet by 2%/4%/6%.
• Readiness: Now works with Beastial Wrath.
• Chimera Shot: Mana cost reduced.
• Silencing Shot: Now interrupts the enemy’s spellcast, preventing any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 8 sec.
• Disengage: Mana cost removed.
• Explosive Shot: Deals a small amount of damage to targets within 5 yards.
o Exotic pets have had their health increased slightly.
o Exotic pets can no longer be dodged or parried.
o Most boss abilities will no effect pets.
• Conjure Mana Gem (Rank 6) now restores 4200 to 4400 mana.
• Torment of the Weak: Damage bonus reduced to 3%/7%/10%.
• Student of the Mind: The amount of Spirit granted has been increased to 5%/10%/15%.
• Netherwind Presence: Spell haste bonus reduced to 1%/2%/3%. Also reduces the mana cost of all Arcane spells by 4%/7%/10%.
• Spellsteal: The maximum duration of stolen buffs increased to 3 minutes.
• Molten Fury: Damage bonus increased to 10%/20%.
• Combustion now increases the critical strike chance of all fire spells by 25%. Lasts 20 sec.
• Burnout: Removed penalty on spell critical strikes.
• Ignite: Now deals its damage over 6 seconds.
• Living Bomb: Will now explode upon the target’s death.
• Fiery Payback: Damage reduction increased to 12%/25%.
• Shatter: Critical strike chance increased to 20%/40%/60%.
• Improved Frostbolt: Also reduces the global cooldown of your Ice Lance spell by 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 seconds.
• Cone of Cold: Damage for all ranks increased significantly.
• Improved Cone of Cold: Increases the radius of your Cone of Cold ability by 5/10 yards.
• Frozen Core: Spell damage reduction now requires Frost Armor to be active. Also increases all frost damage dealt by 1%/2%/3%.
• Brain Freeze: Can now trigger a free Fireball of Pyroblast.
• Empowered Frostbolt: Critical strike chance increased to 3%/6%.
• Deep Freeze: Can now be used on targets with a movement slowing effect.
• All paladin auras are now off the global cooldown.
• Divine Plea: Now scales with spell haste, cooldown increased to 2 minutes, healing penalty removed.
• Enlightened Judgements: Chance to hit increased by 3%/6%.
• Holy Shock: Cooldown reduced to 5 seconds.
• Judgement of Light, Judgement of Wisdom, Judgement of Justice: Duration increased to 30 seconds.
• Infusion of Light: Also has a 10%/20% chance to finish the cooldown of your Holy Shock spell.
• Healing Light: Also increases the amount healed by your Judgement of Light.
• Beacon of Light: Will now transfer 100% of all healing done to the beacon, instead of just effective healing.
• Judgements of the Wise: Now grants 30% of base mana if the Judgement crits.
• Crusader Strike: Now Instantly causes 125% weapon damage as holy damage and increases all holy damage done to the target by 2% for 6 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.
• Exorcism can now be cast on any target.
• Righteous Vengeance: Now triggered by Seal of Command, Seal of the Martyr and Seal of Blood critical strikes.
• Sheath of Light: Heal over time effect reduced to 8 seconds.
• Hammer of the Righteous: Gains a small benefit from your attack power.
• Holy Shield: Whenever Holy Shield is active, all spell damage taken is reduced by 2%.
• Divine Guardian has been moved down to Tier 3.
• New Talent: Improved Divine Guardian – Increases the damage absorbed by Divine Guardian by 10%/20%.
• Surge of Light: Also reduces the cast time of your next Greater Heal by 0.5 seconds.
• Circle of Healing: Cooldown reduced to 5 seconds.
• Divine Providence: No longer reduces the cooldown of your Prayer of Mending Spell, but now increases the amount healed by your critical heals by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%.
• Mass Dispel: No longer has a target limit.
• Misery: Now grants melee and spell hit.
• Renew: Mana cost reduced slightly.
• Greater Heal: Mana cost reduced slightly, cast time reduced by to 2.5 seconds.
• Divine Fury: No longer reduces the cast time of Greater Heal, but increases the critical strike chance of Greater Heal, Penance and Flash Heal by 1$/2%/3%/4%/5%.
• Test of Faith: Also increases the duration of your Guardian Spirit spell by 1/2/3 seconds.
• Desperate Prayer: Instantly restores 30% of the caster’s health and reduces all damage taken by 30% for the next 5 seconds.
• Divine Aegis: The absorption effect can now stack up to 3 times.
• Penance: Channeling this spell will give the priest 3% additional chance to crit for the next 5 seconds.
• Reflective Shield: Also decreases the chance that your Power Word: Shield can be dispelled by 15%/30%/45%.
• Mental Strength: Also increases armor contribution from items by 5%/10%/15%.
• Mind Melt: Critical strike chance increased by 3%/6%.
• Blackout: Mind Sear can no longer proc this stun effect.
• Twisted Faith: Damage bonus for Mind Flay and Mind Blast now requires the target to be afflicted by Vampiric Touch.
• Improved Shadow Word: Pain: Now increases damage by 5%/10%.
• Adrenaline Rush is now available to all Rogues at Level 30.
• New Talent: Focused Combat, 25 Energy, 3 min cooldown – When activated, the rogue goes into a focused state of combat, increasing all damage done by 30%, changing targets will cancel this effect. Lasts 15 sec.
• Envenom: Damage for all ranks increased slightly.
• Expose Armor: Now reduces the enemy’s armor by a percent value instead of a flat value.
• Improved Expose Armor: No longer reduces the energy cost of Expose Armor. Now increases the armor reduced by 2%/4%.
• Tricks of the Trade: Duration reduced to 5 seconds.
• Prey on the Weak: Critical strike damage now increased by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%.
• Close Quarters Combat: Increases your chance to get a critical strike with all weapons.
• Kick: Damage dealt significantly increased.
• Throwing Specialization: Also increases damage dealt by Fan of Knives by 15%/30%.
• Surprise Attacks: Damage bonus increased to 15%.
• Savage Combat: Now increases attack power by 4%/8%.
• Fan of Knives: Now causes 75% weapon damage with all weapons.
• Killing Spree: All damage dealt while this ability is active is increased by 20%.
• The health of all totems has been increased significantly.
• A new quest is available from all Shaman trainers at level 70!
• Mana Spring Totem now affects all raid and party members, but no longer stacks.
• Ancestral Knowledge: Increases total Intellect by 3%/6%/9%/12%/15%.
• Shamanistic Focus: Mana cost reduction increased to 50%.
• Maelstrom Weapon: Cast time reduction now applies to any spell with a cast time.
• Searing Totem: Now receives a small bonus from the shaman’s total attack power.
• Mental Dexterity: Also increases critical strike chance of all shock spells by 2%/4%/6%.
• Weapon Mastery: Damage increase reduced to 2%/4%/6%.
• Healing Wave: Base cast time reduced to 2.5 seconds.
• Unleashed Rage: Also reduces the mana cost of your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning and Lava Burst abilities by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%.
• Feral Sprit: The health of the Spirit Wolves summoned by this ability has been increased slightly.
• Improved Healing Wave: Now increases Healing Wave’s chance to critically strike by 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%.
• Lava Lash: Now deals 125% off-hand weapon damage, damage is no longer affected by Flametounge.
• Healing Way: Bonus healing effect reduced to 15%, now effects all shaman healing spells.
• Improved Earth Shield: Your Earth Shield can no longer be dispelled.
• Ancestral Awakening: Range increased to 100 yards.
• Riptide: Heal over time component gains a larger benefit from your spell power.
• Earthliving Weapon: Heal over time component gains a larger benefit from your spell power.
• Lesser Healing Wave: Mana cost reduced slightly.
• Everlasting Affliction: Drain Life, Haunt and Shadow Bolt spells now have a 25% chance to refresh the duration of Corruption and Siphon Life spells on the target.
• Chaos Bolt: Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds, base damage increased slightly. Also pierces through immunity effects such as Divine Shield and Ice Block.
• Pandemic: Now takes into account critical strike debuffs on the target.
• Fire and Brimstone: Immolate spell power bonus now increased by 4%/8%/12%/16%/20%.
• Molten Core: Shadow spells and damage over time effects now have a 10%/20%/30% chance to increase damage done by all Shadow and Fire spells by 10% for 10 sec.
• Pyroclasm: Also gives your Rain of Fire a 5%/10% additional chance to crit.
• Shadowflame: Initial effect now deals fire damage, the damage over time component now deals shadow damage.
• Haunt will now do additional damage for each of the warlock’s damage over time effects on the target.
• Improved Demonic Tactics: Increases your summoned demon’s critical strike chance by 2%/4%/6%.
• Fel Vitality: Increases maximum stamina and intellect instead of health and mana.
• Demonic Embrace: Stamina bonus reduced to 1%/2%/3%/4%.
• Demonic Resilience: Reduces all damage taken by you and your pet by 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%.
• Metamorphosis now has a 1 second cast time.
• Demonic Pact: The spell power of all party and raid members is now increased by 4%/8%/12%/16%/20% of your spell damage.
• Pandemic: Now works with Siphon Life.
• Conflagrate: Can now be cast on targets afflicted by Shadowfury.
• Searing Pain: No longer causes a high amount of threat. Damage increased for all ranks.
• Improved Searing Pain: Your damaging Searing Pain spells have a 33%/66%/100% chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to spell damage, increasing spell critical strike chance against that target by 2% and lasts 30 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.
• Bladestorm: Rage cost reduced slightly.
• Whirlwind can now be used in any stance.
• Bloodrage: While active, all damage taken is increased by 10%.
• Sweeping Strikes: Rage cost reduced slightly.
• Death Wish: Duration reduced to 20 seconds, damage bonus increased to 25%.
• Improved Berserker Stance: Increases total Strength by 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%.
• Bloodsurge: Chance to proc decreased to 5%/10%/15%.
• Rampage: Range increased to 100 yards.
• Shield Wall: Damage reduction reduced to 50%.
• Vigilance: Now transfers 20% of target threat to the warrior, but no longer reduces damage taken.
• Sunder Armor: Now reduces the enemy’s armor by a percent value instead of a flat value.
• Intervene: No longer reduces total threat.
• Safeguard: Damage reduction reduced to 10%/20%.
• Improved Defensive Stance: Now reduces all spell damage taken by 5%/10%. Duration of enrage effect reduced to 10 seconds.
• Warbringer: Reduces the rage cost of your Charge, Intercept and Intervene abilities by 100%.
• Critical Block: Chance to block double the amount is now equal to your critical strike chance.
• Devastate: Rank 5 damage increased slightly.
o Slightly reduced the materials required to make Flask of the Frost Wyrm, Flask of Stoneblood, Flask of Endless Rage and Flask of Pure Mojo.
o Runic Mana Potions now only require one Lichbloom to make.
o Runic Healing Potions now only require one Icethorn to make.
o The Alchemists of The Sunreavers and The Silver Covenant have created a new, more powerful Alchemist Stone.
o New Alchemy Daily Quests! Visit Alchemist Fendril at Windrunner’s Overlook and Alchemist Duros at Sunreaver’s Command.
o Several new epic Inscription recipes are available from the Explorer’s League Quartermaster and from within Ulduar.
o Glyph of Improved Scorch: Gives your Fireball and Frostfire Bolt spells a 20% chance to refresh the duration of your Improved Scorch effect.
o Glyph of Holy Light: Range increased to 10 yards.
o Glyph of Crusdader Strike: Your Crusader Strike ability now generates 3 applications of the Crusader Strike effect.
o Glyph of Searing Pain: The Improved Searing Pain talent now generates 3 applications of the Improved Searing Pain effect each time Searing Pain is cast.
o New Glyphs may be discovered by performing Minor Inscription Research and Northrend Inscription Research.
o Added Glyph of Holy Shock, Glyph of Greater Heal, Glyph of Chaos Bolt and Glyph of Incinerate have been added to all Grand Master Inscription Trainers.
o Milling now only requires 4 herbs.
o Powerful new ring enchants can be obtained from within Ulduar.
o Enchanters may now use materials placed in the trade window to enchant other player’s equipment.
o Added a new recipe to create spheres that grant spell resistance and fit in any color gem socket.
o Enchant Weapon – Executioner: Now grants Potency rating.
o Enchant Cloak – Speed: Renamed Enchant Cloak – Potency, now grants potency rating.
o Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed: Renamed Enchant Cloak – Greater Potency, now grants potency rating.
o Disenchanting high level epic items may now have a chance to yield an additional Abyss Crystal.
o Mekgineer’s Chopper and Mechano Hog no longer require an Elementium-plated Exhaust Pipe to create.
o Plans for a new and improved Scrapbot are rumored to be kept hidden by the Iron Dwarves in The Storm Peaks.
o Several new epic belt patterns have been added to all Grand Master Engineering Trainers.
o Hyperspeed Accelerators now stack with other enchants, duration increased to 15 seconds.
o Several new epic blacksmithing plans have been added to the game, these may be found on various reputation vendors throughout Northrend.
o Saronite Deposits will now yield more ore.
o Saronite Deposits can now contain blue quality gems.
o The drop rate on Frost Lotus has been slightly increased.
o Reduced cast time on the Herbalism skill.
o All cooking daily quests will now give the player a choice of 5 Northern Spices or 5 Baby Spices in addition to a Dalaran Cooking Award.
o A new recipe for Pygmy Delight has been added to all Grand Master Cooking Trainers.
o Many cooking recipes requiring northern spices have had their materials reduced slightly.
o A new set of more powerful gems can be found by raiding Ulduar. Their stats exceed those of previous gems that could be found.
o Icy Prisms now also have a small chance to contain an epic quality Northrend gem.
o Icy Prisms no longer require a frozen orb, but now require more uncommon quality Northrend gems.
o The Explorer’s League has unlocked the secret behind many ancient titan gems. Visit Archaeologist Mezton at the Explorer’s League Base Camp to see what you can learn!
o Prospecting now only requires 4 ore.
Dungeons and Raids
• Many creatures in heroic 5 man dungeons have had their hit points increased slightly.
• Players will no longer be teleported out of a raid instance after logging back in.
• The Eye of Eternity
o The damage on Malygos’ Vortex has been slightly reduced in both heroic and normal difficulty.
o Players will no longer suffer fall damage when falling from Vortex.
o Pets are no longer affected by Malygos’ Arcane Breath.
• The Obsidian Sanctum
o Reduced the effect of Twilight Torment in normal difficulty.
o The duration of Twilight Residue has been increased.
• Raid Unit frames have been redesigned and are now completely customizable via interface options.
• Player Unit frames have also been redesigned and are customizable via the interface options.
• Many parts of the default UI can now be moved to any location on your screen.
• The Auction House UI has been changed, players will now see up to 200 auctions per page, more detailed information such as purchase history and average price has been added.
• When zoning into a partially completed raid instance, a confirmation dialogue will appear asking if you want to get saved to the instance.
• The built in threat meter has been expanded upon, it will now show the threat of up to 10 other players in relation to yours.
• There is now an option to display your bank and character inventory as one large bag.
• Players can now track multiple types of resources provided they have the skills required.
• New tips of the day have been added!
• Several new types of currencies have been added to the currency tab.
• Players can now turn in Netherweave Cloth and Frostweave Cloth to increase their standing with all major cities.
• New interface options have been added that will allow you to customize combat log recording.
• For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros Forum.
• All items that granted haste, armor penetration, or spell penetration have been updated to grant potency rating instead.
• New vendors have been added to The Silver Enclave and Sunreaver’s Sanctuary, bring them your Emblems of Honor to trade for items of magnificent quality!
• You may now trade 10 Emblems of Heroism for 1 Emblem of Valor, see your faction’s Emblem of Heroism vendor!
• Several epic quality items obtained from Heroic instances have had their stats updated to reflect their intended power.
• Damnation: Stats updated to reflect its intended power.
• Greatstaff of the Nexus: Stats updated to reflect its intended power.
• Dying Curse: Now shares an internal cooldown with other similar effects.
• Soul of the Dead: Now shares an internal cooldown with other similar effects.
• Forge Ember: Now shares an internal cooldown with other similar effects.
• Sundial of the Exiled: Now shares an internal cooldown with other similar effects.
• Forethought Talisman: Passive spell power reduced, healing over time effect now gains a small benefit from the caster’s spell power.
• Frostweave Bag is now a 22 slot bag.
• Glacial Bag is now a 24 slot bag.
• Dragon Hide Bag is now a 24 slot bag, no longer considered unique.
• Named NPC’s will now respawn at a much quicker rate.
• All beasts in Northrend now have an increased chance to drop Chilled Meat.
• The items involved in Troll Patrol: The Alchemist’s Apprentice can now be instantly looted.
• Corrected several herb spawns in Icecrown.
• Herb spawns in Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord will now respawn faster.
• NPC’s in The Storm Peaks now have a higher chance to drop a Relic of Ulduar.
• Players wishing to increase their standing with the Steamwheadle Cartel should visit Gazlowe in Ratchet.
• Southsea Pirates, Wastewander Bandits and Bloodsail Buccaneers will all now give increased reputation gains.
• Creatures in The Barrens now have an increased chance to drop the recipe for Savory Deviate Delights.
• Death Knight: The Lichborne ability will no longer return you to your normal form during the Prophet Tharon’ja encounter in Drak’tharon Keep.
• Death Knight: Blade Barrier will no longer count Death Runes.
• Death Knight: Shadow of Death will no longer cause the player to run back as a ghoul after releasing.
• Death Knight: Lichborne and Fear Ward no longer share a cooldown.
• Paladin: Sacred Shield will now properly gain benefit from the spell power granted by Sheath of Light.
• Paladin: Fixed a bug where Judgements sometimes dealt no damage.
• Paladin: Hammer of Wrath will no longer reset the paladin’s swing timer.
• Paladin: Righteous Vengance will no longer break Repentance.
• Mage: Focus Magic will now properly trigger from melee critical strikes.
• Mage: Mage Armor will now properly decrease the duration of magical damage over time effects.
• Warrior: Armored to the Teeth no longer considers Berserking in its armor calculation.
• Warlock: Pandemic will no longer trigger Focus Magic.
• Warlock: Corrected several typos with the Ritual of Summoning Spell.
• Priest: Devouring Plague will no longer be spread by Pestilence.
• Priest: The Surge of Light buff will no longer be consumed upon cast.
• Priest: Fixed a bug where Guardian Spirit will sometimes fail to prevent a killing blow.
• Hunter: Frost Trap now correctly triggers the 30 second cooldown on Lock and Load.
• Hunter: Wyvern Sting’s sleep effect will no longer break from area of effect spells.
• Achievements: Corrected the tooltip for “Gotta Go!”
• Players will now appear properly mounted on the Amani War Bear.
• The Alliance Vanguard reputation will now properly count towards total exalted factions.
• Corrected many graphical bugs along the coast of Sholazar Basin.
• When a guild is disbanded, gold will now also be mailed to the Guild Master.
• The Thaddius encounter will no longer generate an extreme amount of latency.
• Elixir of Water Walking will now properly gain a benefit from Mixology.
• Bandit’s Insignia: Damage dealt will be properly increased by the target’s debuffs.
• Ring of the Fated: Now properly grants potency rating.
• Players will no longer fall through the well in Dalaran without getting teleported to the sewer.
• The forge in K3 will now function properly.
• Players who die during the Prophet Tharon’ja encounter will still receive credit for his death.
• Fixed a typo for the Convention at the Legerdemain daily quest.
• Fixed various bugs in Naxxramas that would cause player to fall through the world.
• Multiple characters can now loot the Heart of Magic from Alexstrasza’s Gift (Malygos Encounter)
• Players will no longer randomly get stuck in combat.
I for one can’t wait until Monday’s primary weapon announcement. I’d love to hear comments on what you all think it might be. I’m guessing something like “Force-o’-Nature”.
Today’s Team Fortress 2: Scout Update Day 4 features two maps. Both of these maps you may already recognize. I was hoping we would get to see the primary weapon for the scout today, but that probably won’t come until Monday.
The two maps that have been released officially are CP_Egypt and CP_Fastlane. CP_Fastlane is played as a regular map on some servers but wasn’t a standard Valve map until now. CP_Egypt was a custom map for Counter-Strike: Source. Hopefully the TF2 version of this map will be a lot more fun then it’s CS:S counter part.
Here’s the official release statement for CP_Egypt:
A Dustbowl-style control point map, Egypt is visually striking, full of great combat spaces, and features some really interesting uses of vertical space. Classes with the ability to ascend rapidly (Soldiers, Demomen, and Scouts using the new scattergun unlockable ) have lots of options for traversing the arenas. In addition, the ruins provide Engineers with a large number of potential sentrygun locations.
Here’s the official information release for CP_Fastlane:
Fastlane is an update to one of the first community maps we shipped. This release features a wide variety of changes, from spawn and capture timer tweaks, to geometry and art modifications, to exploit fixes.
Valve has again released more information on this day 3 of the Scout Update. Today they revealed that the next “weapon” for the scout will be a cherry flavored energy drink. Don’t think the scout moves fast enough? Think again!
‘Bonk’ Energy Drink
“Runnin’ rings around all them molasses-slow dummies out there on the battle- field is thirsty frickin’ work. But when it comes to quenchin’ that thirst, only one thermonuclear thirst detonator packs all the “Atomic Punch” you’ll ever need. Bonk! is fulla radiation, which as we all know is pretty great for givin’ people superpowers. Just one can’ll blast ya into a few-second rush of radioactive energy so powerful you’ll be dodgin’ bullets like they ain’t even there!”
The second addition to the update today is the release of the scout achievement names. While there’s no description of what each achievement takes, you can guess pretty accurately with their names. Here’s a list of the new achievements that will be coming for the scout.