TF2 Spies are bugged right now and it’s a whole lot of bugs at that. We’re going to try to keep you from making some of the same mistakes we’ve been making the last week or so while playing Spy in Team Fortress 2.
While there are a lot of good things about the new Spy update there are just as many bad things. One of the most unfortunante bugs is disguising as an enemy Spy. There’s a whole list of problems that go with this disguise:
- You randomly appear to be Uber-charged
- Even if you’re cloaked if you have the Uber-charge bug you’ll be seen
- While cloaked as a Spy you have no name saying “Disguised as…” people paying attention will get this
- When you disguise with a melee weapon you’ll randomly show as holding a knife instead of that classes melee weapon
Those are a lot of the disguise issues that we’ve been seeing the last few days. Some of the other problems we’re not sure exactly how much of it is bugs, lag or a combonation of the two:
- Cloak and Dagger making the Dead Ringer sound
- Cloak and Dagger making your watch/weapons disappear completely.
- Hitting quick switch (Q) before you’ve completely come out of stealth will re-stealth you
- Backstab registration is poor (was probably never really good to begin with)
These are just a few of the things in all we’ve come across while playing around with the Spy the last few weeks. I do know that Valve is aware of most all of the bugs and will be working on fixing them. We’ll have to see how good they “fix” them this time.